Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Regrets on Replacements?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member chrysa1is's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just wanting to know if anyone else has ever had to return a doll for a defect, only to regret it?

    I recently have had some family situations that even though an adult have gotten me back into AG as a means of comfort and relaxing.

    I noticed recently that my Marisol, my first doll and the only one I've really "played with" has wig problems. I'm very gentle, but still parts of her wig stick out through her hair when pulled back in a single pony tail or bun, plus she seemed to be shedding.

    AG has sent me a replacement, but it just doesn't seem the same. And now I'm wondering if I want to keep the new one, who is still sitting in her box, or keep the old one who I'm delayed shipping off for two days now.

    Is this me just being weird? I mean, they are the same doll, right? Just the new one's hair will hopefully not drop out when you barely touch it.

    Any advice or word of experience would be appreciated. [img]redface.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member wildpony's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2005
    Posts
    570
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I totally understand. And It's not just the same doll...your first Marisol is special to you because of all the time's and memories you have together.

    My first doll, Reita is kinda getting worn, but i dont think that if i got her a new head...if she would be Reita anmore [img]confused.gif[/img]

    If the wig is really bothering you, i'd say stick with the new one...but if it isent, maybe your first Marisol should be your Marisol.

    (Did that make ANY sense at all? [img]eek.gif[/img] )

    Hope this helps....

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Pressed_Flowers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2005
    Posts
    114
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Miss_Nellie_OMalley:
    This might sound silly but ever since I was a small child, the first stuffed animal or doll I picked up I would have to buy, even if there was a "better" one on the shelf. I felt like if I put them back they would be sad and feel rejected, so the first one I get is the one I keep... to this day.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am exactly the same way!!! I have thought about getting a PM Felicity someday off of Ebay (when I'm no longer a poor college student) but I feel by doing that I'd be betraying the Lissie doll I have now that I was so finally happy to get. I feel this is the Lissie I was meant to have.

    As for Marisol, I'd say keep the old one because if you're this iffy right now you might feel worse if you send the old one back.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member colettedenali's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2004
    Posts
    426
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I also do that! When I got my Kaya in the store, I was so distressed because she was the 4th or 5th one I picked up. I wanted one with a straight part w/ no glue residue... but it was SO hard "abandoning" the dolls I had already looked over.

  5. #5
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Keep the first one. My Mari has a loose part and sheds a little bit too. How do you know the new one won't too?

    Your pics make her look much prettier than the new one in the face too!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member chrysa1is's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm keeping her. About to send the new one back before I stress out and change my mind again, only to send off the old one and then regret it forever.

    I've also decided to just order a second Marisol for collecting purposes, that way if some day I have to re-wig my first one because she's going balled, I'll have a "Marisol" in my budding collection. If nothing else, I can sell the extra in a couple of years.

    Thank you everyone. I was really feeling weird, because my family was like: "Mail the doll in already"

    << Edited to add >>

    BTW, GreyMyst, I love your avies. Amazing work! May I use one from the set posted elsewhere later on?

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 16, 2005 08:41 AM: Message edited by: Ionuin ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Kit_Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    313
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So glad you decided to keep her.
    Tracy

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Molly-Felicity's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2004
    Posts
    471
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know that my daughter would never part with her dolls, no matter what the problem. She gets very attached and finds it cruel when people get rid of a doll!

    That said, the new Marisol seems to have the chubbier face that several people have associated with the earlier Marisol.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So glad you are going to keep her!! My Mari has something "up" with her wig, she got a small bald spot, I cover it up for her, but still I will keep her as she is so different than the other Marisols I have seen.

    Also, do not forget I have changed 4 Kits! and still regret sending out the 1st one cause of her orange legs.... [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry if I'm in the minority here, but I would have kept the new one--if the problem was bad enough to call CS, it's still going to be there down the road. (AND I like the chubbier face just on general principals.) However, if you change your mind later on, you can always have a replacement doll sent out then.
    And don't feel bad about AG sending you out the newer doll--as long as they get a doll back in the mail, they won't care. The important thing is that you are happy with the doll you decide to keep, no matter what anyone else says. Good luck with her!
    [img]smile.gif[/img]

    P.S. If you don't care for her name, you can always change it to one you like--this board will be full of suggestions! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •